Course at a Glance
- Course: Certificate in Basic Transfusion Medicine Course
- Total Duration: 1 Month
- Medium of instruction: English
- Eligibility: MBBS /BAMS/BHMS/BDS/Nursing/Hospital professionals/Technicians
- Certification by: – MedisyseVarsity Certification
About the Course
Transfusion Medicine is a developing branch in medicine and is no more called BLOOD BANK and is now renamed as Transfusion Medicine.Earlier primary Pathologist would be incharge of Blood Bank.Blood components are stored and distributed in the blood bank and this task is over seen by a specialist in transfusion medicine.(blood transfusion and conservation).The multidisciplinary committees are composed of Transfusion specialists,Transfusion technicians,nurses,clinicians,Lab scientists and the staff from the Hospital management and quality time.
There are thousands of general practitioners across the country in small towns and big cities as well, who find it hard to take time off their busy practice or workplace schedules, to travel long distances to pursue a structured on-site workshop/course at a tertiary-care venue, in order to upgrade and update their clinical competence.
In this scenario, a pedagogically-grounded schematically-designed course which is accessible online, is a promising solution; which incorporates the best features drawn from successful forerunners in on-campus and distant education.
The objective of this focused learning is to empower, enrich and upgrade general physicians,laboratory medical technicians and nursing personnel (who come from diverse rural to semi-urban back grounds): with the latest subject material, with clinical expertise and skills, with practice guidelines and procedures; and guidance in TRANSFUSION MEDICINE.(Basic concepts of immunity in relation to blood transfusion,Common blood group of importance,Methods of Blood grouping,Rare blood group like Bombay blood group,Blood donors and their selection,Therapeutic Apheresis,Blood components,Biologic safety precautions,Transfusion Management,safety precautions,Stem cell collection and cellular therapy.)
- Basics of Transfusion,Blood Donation
- Donor Bleeding and Blood group introduction
- Autologous Blood Donation,Donor to Blood bag relating
- Therapeutic Apheresis,Blood donation camp
- Components separation and storage and Blood components
- Quality control and TTI screening
- Biological safety precautions and Pre transfusion testing.
- Cross matching saline technique and Issuing blood and it’s components.
- Transfusion management.Neonatal and pediatric transfusion practice.
- Transfusion reaction management ,Maintenance system.
- Accreditation of Blood Banks,NABH accreditation.
- Reporting system,General infection control.
Course Delivery Format
The MediSysevarsity offers best of the models of blended education through online lectures, with the convenience of self-study at one’s own pace, time and place.
A rich learning environment is provided through a Learning Platform with access to:
- Online lectures delivered by experts in respective fields. The students can view the lecture any number of times using tools to conveniently play/pause, forward/rewind, skip/review, bookmark
- Included in these lectures are hundreds of text slides, illustrations and appropriate animations, audios and videos to make concepts easy to understand
There is a final exam that will be conducted online at the end of the course
- Fee is Rs 5000 ( For Indian based Drs )
- Fee is US $ 70 ( For International Drs )
MBBS (Gandhi Medical College),
Diploma in Pathology (Osmania Medical college),
Diploma in Transfusion Medicine (PGI,Chandigarh),
Associate Professor and HOD of Nizam’s institute of Medical Sciences,NTR Blood Bank,
Present Director Blood Bank,BBR Hospital,Balanagar,Hyderabad.