Certificate in Primary Care Radiology aims at imparting basic up-to-date knowledge in Radiology at the primary care level. Radiology and imaging are non-invasive and informative. The course hones skills on when and what imaging investigations to prescribe, their interpretation and escalation to the specialist radiologist.
Course At A Glance
- Course: Certificate Course in Primary Care Radiology
- Total Duration: 6 months
- Hours per week: 4 – 8
- The medium of instruction: English
About the Course
General practitioners and family physicians who are the first point of medical contact are very important for the health of a community. However, commercialization, corporatization, specialist reductionist approach to health and increasing patient awareness and medicolegal litigations have made general practice difficult. Investigations are increasingly being ordered in defence against lawsuits apart from diagnostic purposes. Radiology and imaging given its intrinsic quality of being non-invasive and informative they are one of the most prescribed investigations.
In such a scenario General Practitioners should be abreast with the relevant knowledge in Radiology. Busy practitioners find it difficult to take time away from their busy schedules for this and here is where continuous online medical education comes in handy and makes such doctor’s lives easy.
Recognizing this potential, MedisyseVarsity has designed the six months certificate course in Primary Care Radiology, which imparts enough knowledge and skills for a busy practitioner.
The course is for those who wish to develop knowledge and skills in Radiology and Imaging and for all those who wish to better manage radiology investigations in their daily practice. The course is run over six months, using a blended approach, comprising of self-paced online education and graded assessments.
View Demo Videos
The aim of the MediSyseVarsity programs is to enhance the knowledge and practical skills of general physicians and family physicians. It prepares you as a clinician, with comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in specific areas and allows you to confidently deal with patients.
The six months Certificate in Primary Care Radiology aims at imparting you with basic, simple and yet up-to-date knowledge in Radiology at primary care level. The course hones your skills on when to prescribe what imaging investigations, how to interpret them and when to ask for a specialist radiologist opinion.
What are the key features of the program?
The program was designed using scientific pedagogic principles to incorporate features drawn from successful on-campus and distance education. These features offer an appreciable advantage by enabling students to:
- Have sound knowledge related to the basics of Radiology at primary care level.
- Develop skills, knowledge and attitudes through a structured online learning experience. The learning experience will be delivered through various technology-driven teaching-learning approaches
Recommended Background / Entry Requirements
Six months Certificate program in Primary Care Radiology is offered to General practitioners, where the entry requirement is MBBS from any recognised Indian University. Candidates who have done MD (equivalent to MBBS of India) from Russia, China and so on and foreign medical graduates who are desirous of taking the course will need to register with the Medical Council of India.
Candidates should have a clear aptitude for the program and aspire to pursue higher education in this speciality.
- Course Introduction
- Chest X-ray – Basics
- Abdominal Radiograph – Basics
- Contrast Studies
- Radiation Protection
- Basics of Modern Radio-imaging
- Radiology of Normal Chest and Chest Disorders
- Chest Pain\Mediastinal Masses
- Pulmonary Infections
- Tumours and Diffuse Lung Diseases
- Plain Abdominal Radiography
- Conventional Radiology of GIT
- Quarterly Break
- Contrast Studies and Congenital Abnormalities of GIT
- Urinary Tract Radiology
- Radiology in Obstetric and Gynecology
- Bone – Radiology for Tumors, Infections
- Musculoskeletal and Trauma Imaging
- Headache and Low Backache Imaging
- Head, Neck and Dental Imaging
- Approach to Orbit and Sinus Imaging
- Chest and Mediastinum Imaging in Pediatrics
- Pediatric Metabolic and Bone Disorders
- Basics for Antenatal Ultrasound( newly added)
- Antenatal Ultrasound( Newly added)
- Radiology for GPs and Interventional Radiology
Course Delivery Format
The courses of the MediSyseVarsity are largely delivered online, with convenient self-study at one’s own pace, time and place facilitated through online faculty.
A rich learning environment is provided through the Learning Platform with access to:
- Online lectures delivered by experts in respective fields. You may view the lecture any number of times using interactive tools to conveniently play/pause, forward /rewind, skip/review.
- Included in these lectures are numerous text slides, illustrations and appropriate animations, audios/videos to make concepts easy to understand and difficult to forget.
- Reading material includes prescribed Textbook.
- Facility for the student to bookmark specific segments of a running lecture and ability to add your own notes for later review.
- Periodic self-assessment through multiple choice objective questions.
- Lessons shall be progressively delivered on a weekly basis. Once you go through the module for a particular week by viewing the lecture, completing the reading assignments and completing the self-assessment, you shall get access to the next week’s program.
- There shall be periodic self-assessments at the end of each module and final exam. Your grades in these formative assessments shall carry predetermined weightage.
- After the successful completion of the course, the candidate shall be issued a certificate
- You may register online or contact our office.